1. I am a leadfoot, pure and incorrigible. If the speed limit sign says 70, my mind automatically ups it to 75, which allows me to then travel at least 5 miles an hour over that, which means about 80. A note: I have had only two tickets in my life, both for speeding, and the last one was when I was 19. I thank God every day I've never been involved in any accident, either. I may drive fast, but I know when to slow down and how to be smart about it. I am known as a very good driver in my circle.
2. I am unnaturally afraid of mice. I can face down the biggest bull when we work cattle, but I am scared witless of mice. I teach in a very old building underneath which mice abound at certain times of the year. One day while my students were testing, a mouse was bold enough to RUN ACROSS MY FINGERS while I typed on my keyboard. The ensuing scene is one my former students still remember 10 years later and may or may not have included me throwing my keyboard into the air, jumping on my desk and then running down the hall. I choose to block out that day.
3. I sometimes put our Christmas trees up in October. I think the Christmas season is fabulous, and I love all that is associated with it. I put up multiple trees and my family has learned to love them, too.
4. Call me Annie Oakley. I actually don't like guns. I come from a family where hunting was a part of life, and my husband was fully engaged in hunting for many years. I don't shoot anything but skeet or a target, and then only when they cajole me into it. However, for some reason, my accuracy with pistol and rifle is always to such a high degree that it causes amazement and wonder in those who've never seen me shoot.
5. I haven't been to a dentist in over 16 years. And, in the last 30+ years, I've only been one other time. I just don't like dentists and work hard to take the best care of my teeth I can. You can see from the picture below I still have them all.
So, my blogging friends, if you'd like to take the confessional challenge, here's what it is. Dedicate a blog posting to confessing five little known things about you to your blogging audience. It's a great way to get to know more about your blogosphere friends.